I had the lemonade stand idea on my list of 101 in 1001. So finally, Summer has decided to bless us with it’s presence, I had my fabric, Steve managed to find time in amidst berry season hecticness to make the awning, I had the three nieces for the day – It was time…

First, I wanted to do it because I thought it would be just so darn cute and have been waiting until Levi was old enough to understand it.  But second, because I thought it would be a good lesson for the kids to understand that you have to work for your money. That the machine Mom drives up to at the bank, doesn’t just give money when you decide you need something ( But that would sure be nice wouldn’t it ) So let me tell you, they worked for it ( and so did I – and Jess )

I bought some poster boards and got the kids to decorate them to hang on the street. To be honest, I think this was their favourite part of the day!

I made the fabric banner and the kids picked some wild flowers that I put in a vase that I had from Dion's dedication celebration. Steve brought a tote full of blue berries that he was certain we would sell out of... turns out we probably only sold 15 little baskets 🙁

One of my favourite parts of the day was the random visits from friends. Olivia walked over with Mommy and Gav gav, Auntie Noni came with sweet baby Nash, and Carla popped by with Haven and Ollie. Thanks ya'll!

I couldn't have done this all without my wonderful sis Jess, who may I add was 2 days overdue at this point ( * note as of 9 pm - she is still pregnant. poor thing )

The older girls were great helpers, they hummed and hawed a bit when I told them they had to go up and down the street holding the sign that said " BLUEBERRIES" and poor Andrea must have climbed up the rock wall behind our house 30 times that day

I texted Steve at one point and told him how much we had sold ( $80 ) and he kept telling me "don't worry the rush is coming!" - The rush never came. And I'm sure I drove the neighbourhood nuts that day as a belted out " Blueberries for Sale!!" But, all in all it was a great day. Yea, it was hard work and by the end of the day I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Especially after, some bizarre reason me and Jess decided we would bring all the guys a homemade dinner at work. The kids had full fledge meltdowns. And still to this day I almost pee my pants because I laugh so hard when I remember walking in from the garage only to see Jess, 40 weeks and 2 days preggers, with Dion on her hip, who just fell and was screaming. Flapping Levi's blankie at the smoke alarm that was going off for the 15th time because the pan we were using was dripping hot oil. writing this I have tears running down my face ( perfect cross that one off the list as well 😉 But I'm all about makin memories, and I hope my nieces look back one day and think - " that aunty Shell sure was fun! "